Looking for an excuse to invite some of your BFF’s over for some fun? Why not create a Galentine’s themed brunch for you and your girlfriends? Using Valentine’s Day decor, create a brunch with some “fancy” food, activities and desserts. With just a little effort and cost, you can create an atmosphere to make some amazing memories with your girls!
Here are a few ideas our Pure Design Team came up with for Pure Design Magazine:
- Use any holiday to create a “themed” brunch. In this case, we decided to use Galentine’s Day (February 13th) for to create a Galentine’s Day Brunch. We took Valentine’s Day decorations to create a fun girly atmosphere. Target, the Dollar Store and several other places have affordable decorations that make your event more festive and fun. If your brunch or event isn’t near a holiday, choose a specific color, a favorite hobby or theme to create a party any time of the year. Themes are limitless – check Pinterest for inspiration.
- Create a Space. Galentine’s Brunch can be centered around the kitchen, especially if food prep. is part of the fun. Friends loving hanging and talking while hosts create magical eats to enjoy together. Cupcakes, dessert-waffles, chocolates, hot cocoa are always a treat. Add fun things like strawberries, whipped cream and Valentine’s candy to add to the sweetness of the party.
- Include food. If your friends like to bake or cook, consider making Valentine cookies or desserts as part of your brunch. OR if you don’t have time to start from scratch, grab some pre-made sugar cookies, bake them together and spend the time decorating them in reds and pinks to go along with your Galentine’s theme.
- “Fancy drinks” add fun. Sparkling juice in fancy flutes adds some flair and fun to your brunch and “dresses up” the occasion just a little!
- Decorations make it festive. Flowers, confetti, balloons and message boards create some extra fun and allow for great pictures to post on social media or enjoy long after the party is over!
- Create a budget. Your entire party can cost as little as $30. What a fun, inexpensive way to spend a morning with your friends.
**Not gathering in person?? If you aren’t having friends over because of the pandemic, consider creating an online Galentine’s Brunch!! All you have to do is get a little extra creative:
- Set a date and time to FaceTime and “meet up” online.
- Create a menu & text it to the friends you’re inviting a few days ahead of time.
- Create a list of suggested decorations and text that to your friends as well in time for them to shop.
- Suggest a color theme for clothing so everyone can really feel a part.
For an online party: each person is responsible to get their own sweet treats, decorate their own space and dress according to the suggested theme. If everyone goes off the list, it feels more like a “real” party. The host initiates the FaceTime call and gets the party going. The host can even have some background music playing to make it more fun.
We want to encourage you, don’t let the pandemic keep you from connecting with the people who are most important to you. Allow technology to be a way to keep in touch and why not use Galentine’s Day as a time to gather this year!??
If you decide to host a Galentine’s Brunch this year, either in person or online, please take some pictures and tag us online @puredesigngirl or use the hashtag: #puredesigngalentine. We’d love to see your creative ideas and repost them on our sites!!